Wednesday, September 21, 2011

George Bridgman

I have reserved George Bridgeman’s “Complete Guide to Drawing from Life” at the MassArt library. When I brought it up to be reserved the lady at the desk was surprised to see it, because in the computer it was registered as lost, which automatically happens when the book is not checked out for 10 years. Are you kidding me? That means that people don’t know about all of the gems hidden in our great library.
     Now this one is yours for the semester- you can’t take it out of the library, but you can use it there for three hours at a time. I strongly encourage you to read it, take notes, copy drawings from it, and make photocopies of pages you like. Just don’t steal it. I reserved it so that everybody has a chance to learn from it. All you have to do is go to the front desk and tell the librarian the course title and my last name.
     This guy is all about conceptualizing the figure: proportion, basic shapes, gesture, and balance. Understanding the figure from the inside out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment